Welcome to our blog page. We are really glad you found us. Please check back from time to time to read about what we're doing and see pictures from our time together. We covet your prayers.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 1: From Oostburg to L.A.

These past two days have been extremely long days for me. I got around 2 hours of partial sleep on the plane rid but other than that, I have been awake now for about 36 hours. Despite this, while I am writing this I seem to be full of energy. It must be the anticipation within me as I look forward to the Christ centered service for tomorrow. I can’t wait to see how God works in our lives this week and uses our gifts and talents to further his kingdom.

~Mike Alsum

It’s been a tiring trip, but we made it. The place that we are staying at has a bunch of families with small children. I got to know a few of the children and they are fun to be around. One thing that I’m excited about this trip is that we are always doing something different each day. One fear that I have is going out of my comfort zone. I’m excited to face this fear because I know that what ever I do it will be in Gods name.


~Jacob Heinen


The Team:)



Ordering at In-N-Out Burger



Oh the taste!




A quick stop at Hollywood?


Unfortunately due to high traffic (understatement) only one of our vans was able to do a quick drive through the parking lot at the Griffith Observatory.  We hope to stop as a group again early in the morning our last day.

Busy, busy, busy

The Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the Chinese Theater
Arriving at our home for the week

The grounds are beautiful.  It is literally an oasis tucked in the foothills of what seems to be desert.

Our gathering place outside

Some free time activities

Relaxing after the long day of travel

Zach Hendrikse and Michael Alsum

Our team leader, Lynne.  She's awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment